Thursday, January 27, 2011

When will I learn to Cook…


I really admire the people in this world who know how to cook… especially the ones that just look in their cupboard, see random items, and can make a meal out of it. Who does that?! When and how do these people learn to do this? Are they born with this gift? Did Groupon send out a deal for cooking lessons that I missed? Include me on these emails people, I am one who needs this, not the million spa packages I get daily!
Where are the websites that tell you how to make basic things like just grilling chicken? Because I can not do this.  I tried the other night, and granted this chicken was still mostly frozen when I put it in the pan, but still, it took almost 40 mins to cook. And it wasn’t really good. But, yes, I still ate it. I can steam vegetables, cook rice, make a mean bowl of cereal and lets not forget salad, cause really who can’t make a salad….but chicken, no.
Thus, adding to my list of things to do before I turn 30…I will learn to cook chicken. This list currently includes Swedish school, photography classes, massage school, more yoga seminars, and how paint my right hand with my left hand (i'm right handed). 

That’s right! I’m gonna be smarter in my 30’s!...I hope.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina, nice blog!!! So, I am not chef but I know how to cook a nice chicken!! I think is important to see someone doing at least once, but then it is just practice.
    I bet if u try sometimes your chicken will be awesome.... Please invite me to eat.. hahahah I love eat!!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Marco. Why don't you invite me and Kristina for tasting your nice chicken? :)

    Carefully mark, learn, and inwardly digest from others and all the information will become yours Kristina. I envy your 20's T.T

    ReplyDelete