Monday, January 24, 2011

Start of the list...

I’ve been doing a bit of thinking over the last few days about what’s really consumed my 20’s. Please don’t take this as being shallow, but one word seems to be ever present in my sorry attempts at diary writings = boys.  Yes, in these attempts there have been inclusions on friends, work, family, and traveling….but those were usually surrounded by situations related to boys. i.e., guys at work I’ve dated, guys I’ve meet while traveling, guys I’ve been setup with by family members & co-workers, and the list continues…. Note to self, start reading the newspaper.  

Before digging down deep into the experiences a girl is subjected too from the time she is finally legal in a bar, to the time she realizes she can’t just eat whatever she wants… I thought to put together a list of generalizations on what many think a 20’something girl’s life consists of:
  1. Boys & Men – yes there is a difference, lots of factors are taken into consideration when determining which one of those two you are dating.
  2. College- and life after college- i.e. "the real world"
  3. Coming to terms with your real tolerance of alcohol. And, the effects of said alcohol. Girls, hangovers do get harder as you age and late night dialing/texting/crying is never cute no matter how old you are.
  4. The dawning of the little cocktail dresses matched with 5 inch stilettos… worn during winter (this may start in high school, but really takes form when your mom cant tell you to go change)….This leads into the bigger picture of girls sense of fashion and how it changes over the years.
  5. Making girlfriends that hopefully last a lifetime.
  6. And more boys
Maybe you can resonate with one or two, or maybe not. If not, deal with it.  I can resonate with all (duh). Probably enough said. It’s ok, I’ll be smarter in my 30’s….I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment