Monday, January 24, 2011

Figuring This Out...

Before I go any further, I did some research on blogging this weekend and found two quotes that resonated with me.  Both are Penelope Trunk - http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/penelopes-guide-to-blogging/  I was sent her info from a girlfriend at work who reads blogs regularly. Quick shoot out to my coworker Jen T ….thanks my big sis I never wanted, great advice for a beginner!

Penelope Trunk says:

 A blog is a great way to figure out what you want to do with yourself because writing regularly is a path to self-discovery. And a blog is a great way to build a network of people who respect you for your ideas, so it is the perfect tool for helping you to attain your goals and dreams, when you know what they are”

“Pick a topic — you can change it when you know what you're doing. This is like dating. Pick something that seems good, and if it isn't, try again. Don't get hung up on topic. As in dating, you'll know when you've found one that's the right fit.”


Please note, neither of these have I fully figured out yet – blogging and dating. BUT, these two quotes helped me calm down about both. Now I can take a deep breath and go on about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment